Source: Eat Smart Cookbook, UT Extension
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in natural juice, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can mandarin oranges in natural juice, drained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes (cut in half, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, banana, apples and grapes.
- 2. Pour lemon juice over fruit chunks. Toss to coat.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 50
- Calories from Fat: 0
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
When buying canned fruit, choose fruit packed in water or 100 percent fruit juice instead of light or heavy syrup, which adds sugar and extra calories.
Lemon juice has ascorbic acid, which helps keep light-colored fruits from turning brown.