EASY FRUIT SALAD
Source: Eat Smart Cookbook, UT Extension
Makes: 14 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) can fruit cocktail packed in 100 percent juice or water, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat yogurt, any flavor
- 1. Mix all fruit together in a large bowl.
- 2. Add yogurt and mix well.
- 3. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size:1/2 Cup
- Calories: 70
- Calories from Fat: 0
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
Any fruits can be used in this recipe. However, oranges and bananas are good sources of the nutrient folate.
Sliced bananas in fruit salads do not store well and are best when eaten right away. Or, only use 1 banana and save the other part of the fruit salad with the other banana for another meal.